The Biggest Baddest List of Quotes to Keep You Motivated

Posted on by Mike Wright in Motivation | Comments Off on The Biggest Baddest List of Quotes to Keep You Motivated

If you’re struggling to find motivation to get you through the Day, Week, Month or whatever, these Quotes are just what you need to get you back in the saddle.

“Your body is like a bank account. You cannot continue to draw on it without making quality deposits” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you say what you think, don’t expect to hear what you like” – Malcom Forbes
>> Tweet This Quote

“Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going” – Jim Ryun
>> Tweet This Quote

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going” -Beverly Sills
>> Tweet This Quote

“Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Will power is not enough; we must do” – Johann Wolfgang
>> Tweet This Quote

“The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination” – Tommy Lasorda
>> Tweet This Quote

“Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you dream it, you can be it” – William Arthur Ward
>> Tweet This Quote

“Give yourself permission to shoot for something that seems totally beyond your grasp. You may be surprised at your capabilities” – Danica Patrick
>> Tweet This Quote

“When we are no long able to challenge the situation – we are challenged to change ourselves” – Victor E. Frankl
>> Tweet This Quote

“It’s never to late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
>> Tweet This Quote

“When the window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shades” – Tom Peters
>> Tweet This Quote

“Some men work hard and save money so their sons won’t have the problems that made men of their fathers” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“I had no shoes and complained, until I met a man with no feet” – Persian Proverb
>> Tweet This Quote

“Why would you bother predicting the future, when the choices you make today can help shape it?!” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you’re pumping out good shit, people will follow!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
>> Tweet This Quote

“Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, What do I want to do everyday for the rest of my life. Do that! I promise, you can monetize that shit!” – Gary Vaynerchuk
>> Tweet This Quote

“You only get one body, be good to it and it will be good to you” – John Tutte
>> Tweet This Quote

“Belief lends a hand to the path of the strong” -Lyrics (Song: Unstoppable, Band: Unearth)
>> Tweet This Quote

“Don’t accept the guilt of those who choose to be mediocre!” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Do you know why we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up!” – Alfred (Batman Begins)
>> Tweet This Quote

“Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ~ Peter T. Mcintyre
>> Tweet This Quote

“To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” -Zig Ziglar
>> Tweet This Quote

“When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom” – Suze Orman
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you’re not constantly pushing your boundaries then you’re not growing, and if you’re not growing then you’re dying” -Mash-up
>> Tweet This Quote

“Cheat on your girlfriend – NOT your workouts” – BB.com shirt
>> Tweet This Quote

“The world hates change; yet it is the only thing that has brought progress” – Charles F.Kettering
>> Tweet This Quote

“People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.” ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
>> Tweet This Quote

“I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn’t fall down.” ~Allen H. Neuharth
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price.” ~ Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Other people’s opinion of you does not have to become your reality.” ~Les Brown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Pain is temporary; it may last for a minute, or an hour, or a day, or even a year. But eventually it will subside, but something else will take it’s place. If you quit however, it will last forever. ” – Eric Thompson the HipHop Preacher
>> Tweet This Quote

“Some of you love sleep, more than you love success. I’m here to tell you today that if you’re going to be successful, you’ve gotta be willing to give up sleep” – Eric Thompson the HipHop Preacher
>> Tweet This Quote

“Sleep is for those people who are broke. I don’t sleep… I got an opportunity to make a dream become reality” – 50Cent
>> Tweet This Quote

“All men are created equal… some work harder at pre-season” -Emmit Smith
>> Tweet This Quote

“They say what goes up, must come down… but I ain’t reach my crusin altitude” – Ludacris
>> Tweet This Quote

“A king is only a king until he sees aces” – Belly
>> Tweet This Quote

“Tears will get you sympathy, but sweat will get you results” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“The pain you feel today, will be the strength you’ll feel tomorrow” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Yes, if you squat wrong it fucks things up. If you squat correctly, those same fucked-up things will unfuck themselves.” – M.Rippetoe
>> Tweet This Quote

“I do now what others won’t – so I can have later what others can’t” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Success is blocked by concentrating on it and planning for it…. Success is shy – it won’t come out while you’re watching.” – Tennessee Williams
>> Tweet This Quote

“Pray that success will not come any faster than you are able to endure it.” – Elbert Hubbard
>> Tweet This Quote

“Success and failure. We think of them as opposites, but they’re really not. They’re companions, the hero and the sidekick.” – Laurence Shames

>> Tweet This Quote

“If people are talking behind your back, it’s only because you’re ahead of them” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“I mean what I speak, do as I say, I hustle, I grind; don’t get in my way!” – Magician
>> Tweet This Quote

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
>> Tweet This Quote

“You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.” – Steve Jobs
>> Tweet This Quote

“Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs

“Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it’s price.” – Sun Tzu
>> Tweet This Quote

“You either get good at accomplishments or you get good at making excuses.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“You regret more the opportunities you let pass than the failures you make.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“He who doesn’t fall doesn’t stand” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“A ship at harbor is safe. But that’s not what ships are built for.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you want to know your past, look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future, look into your present actions.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you’re not in this world to live up to mine” – Bruce Lee
>> Tweet This Quote

“Consistence, not novelty, is the secret to uncommon results.” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“If you really wanted to lose weight, nothing will stop you. Not the fast food, the donuts, the rain outside, the soreness in your muscles. You obviously don’t want it bad enough yet. Keep sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, because right now that’s all you want to do. Just don’t expect any sympathy here.” – Unknown >> Tweet This Quote

“Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting” – Christopher Morley
>> Tweet This Quote

“Fear is interest paid on a debt you may not even owe” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Don’t be angry at the results you don’t have, with the work you didn’t do” – Unknown
>> Tweet This Quote

“Make it so today is not like yesterday, and tomorrow will be different forever” – Anthony Robbins
>> Tweet This Quote

“Squats are nothing but bicep curls leaving the body” – Dr.Bojan Kostevski
>> Tweet This Quote

The Weird Way to Trick Yourself into Buying Healthy Food

Posted on by Mike Wright in Nutrition | Comments Off on The Weird Way to Trick Yourself into Buying Healthy Food

If only there was an easy way to remove the temptation while grocery shopping.

If Only!

Of course we all know, we should eat more fruit and vegetables.  But it’s so difficult to pass on the delicious snacks and sweets when you’re in the store.

Now, if you’ve been following Leap Fitness for any length of time, you’ll know we suggest two Grocery Store Hacks:

1. Never, ever go shopping on an empty stomach!

2. Shop around the outside of the grocery store (the inner aisles are where all the junk food is!)

And now, a recent study has revealed a new way to trick your body into buying more healthy foods:

Eat an Apple Before You Shop

In the study, 120 shoppers were divided into groups and given a small snack before they went shopping.

  • one group got an apple slice
  • the second group got a piece of cookie
  • the third ate no snack at all

After the shoppers finished groceries the researchers analyzed their purchases.

The ‘apple group’  bought 28% more fruits and vegetables than the ‘cookie group’.

And 25% more than the group that didn’t eat a snack.

It’s a Mind Trick

A 25% increase in healthy foods is a fantastic boost to your health and fitness efforts.   And for virtually ZERO effort.

Now here’s the interesting part.

It wasn’t that the apple slice was a big enough portion to make those shoppers less hungry.

It didn’t ‘fill them up’.

No, just eating a snack that looked and felt healthy, was enough to trick their brains into making healthier purchase.

It’s a quick and easy Mind Trick.

One that you can try next time you go grocery shopping.

Before you walk into the store, eat something light and healthy – and be amazed at how easy it is to walk past the candy display without stopping to load up.

This is a ground-breaking discovery that can help thousands of folks easily make smarter shopping choices.  Please take a second to share this article on Facebook or Twitter.

.

Why Flour is Secretly Killing You

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on Why Flour is Secretly Killing You

Flour is one of those ingredients that just seems to be in everything, and yet we’re constantly warned not to eat too much of it. If you like baking, or eating cakes and cookies, you might be wondering why exactly it is that flour is so bad for you.

Well, we’re here to help, let us tell you exactly why you shouldn’t be eating too much of the powdery stuff.

Nutrition…

As with everything else in your diet, flour comes down to nutritional value. As it happens, flour is pretty highly calorific, with a cup of flour giving you around 450 calories. It is pretty low fat, but the problem is that most of those calories are coming from carbohydrates.

Your body needs carbs, they act as fuel to give you energy. And if you’re burning all that fuel, it’s fine, no problem. But if you’re not burning the fuel, then it’s going to get turned into fat inside your body, which is basically why flour is bad for you.

Having some flour is fine, as long as you’re active and burning up those carbohydrates having a little flour is perfectly okay. It’s when you eat too much, or when you’re not active enough to use all the carbs, that’s when the problem begins.
Read more

Why Does My Chest Hurt When I Run in the Cold

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Exercise | Comments Off on Why Does My Chest Hurt When I Run in the Cold

Running can be an important and effective part of your fitness routine. And it’s perfectly normal that there are a few aches and pains associated with going out for your morning (or evening) jog. Warming up and stretching are good ways to protect your joints and muscles from injury, but what do you do when the pain is in your chest?

With winter well underway, many otherwise healthy runners are finding themselves with chest pain when running in the cold air. So what exactly is going on here?

Air Temperature

Under normal circumstances your body warms air as you breath it in. The small blood vessels in your nose raise the temperature of the air entering your body so that it’s comfortable when the air hits your lungs.

However, when you’re running you probably have the tendency to breath more with your mouth than your nose, and to breath in short sharp breaths, rather than long slow ones. This means that your body doesn’t have the chance to warm the air up.
Read more

Vegan Myths vs The Facts

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on Vegan Myths vs The Facts

Veganism can seem like a scary thing, and it’s certainly a big step. Eliminating not only meat, but all animal derived products (including eggs and dairy) from your diet can be a difficult thing to do.

And yet, we carry a stereotype about vegans, either that they’ve made the ultimate sacrifice and are extremely healthy, or the very opposite, that they’re weak and unhealthy. Before considering veganism, you might want to look at a few of the myths and facts surrounding the dietary choice…

Vegans Don’t Get Protein

Okay, meat is an excellent source of protein, as are eggs and dairy products. The truth is though, that legumes (beans, lentils, soy etc.) are also packed with protein. The recommended amount of protein daily for men is fifty six grams, and forty six grams for women.

One cup of dried beans contains sixteen grams. You do the math. Vegans tend not to be lacking in protein, simply because they eat far more legumes than the average person…
Read more

The Truth Behind Diet Soda

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Fat Loss | Comments Off on The Truth Behind Diet Soda

Most people now realise that drinking soda is a bad decision. The 120 or so calories per can sized serving are “empty calories,” calories that simply add to your daily intake whilst offering no nutritional benefits in return.

If you’re trying to lose weight then you might have turned to diet soda, an easy fix for your soda addiction that gives very few calories. But what you might not know is that drinking diet soda isn’t really an easy fix, there are plenty of disadvantages to satisfying your sweet tooth in this way.

In fact, more and more dieticians are recommending that you cut out soda altogether, including diet sodas. But what can possibly be wrong with a simple, calorie free diet drink?

It Can Contribute to Osteoporosis…

Sodas contain plenty of phosphoric acid which is used as a flavouring agent. Phosphoric acid increases the acidity of your blood.

The consequence of this is that your body draws calcium out of your bones to try and compensate for this acidity, and losing calcium is a great way to get osteoporosis, or weakening of the bones. Women are at particular risk for this side effect as women suffer more from osteoporosis anyway.
Read more

The Truth Behind Soda

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on The Truth Behind Soda

We all like a treat every now and again, and for some of us our sin of choice is soda. No diet should cut out everything that you love, and as long as your treat is just now and again, it’s fine.

However, for some people soda is more than a treat, it’s a habit. If you’re looking to lose weight, then soda should absolutely be one of the things that you limit in your diet. Laden with calories and having little nutritional value, soda is full of what we call “empty calories.”

Fleshing out your daily calorie intake with soda isn’t a great idea because you’re getting nothing in return, no health benefits or nutrition. And if you’re problem area is your belly, then soda is an even worse choice.

There’s plenty of recent evidence that says that drinking soda adds to belly fat. But what’s so wrong with soda?

The Dangers of HFCS…

The problem with soda is not, as many people think, its sugar content, because very few sodas nowadays contain any sugar at all. Natural sugar has been replaced by high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), as it’s cheaper to manufacture and therefore adds to soda producers profits.
Read more

The Truth About Night Time Eating

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on The Truth About Night Time Eating

It’s common knowledge that eating at night harms your dieting plans. Or does it? New research shows that it might not be as bad as you think, given certain limitations. If you want to know the truth about night-time eating, read on…

The Good…

Partially, the reason we eat so much at night is to do with our biology. Cave men hunted all day and ate at night, so we feel the need to do the same too. And given the practicalities of modern day life, it’s often easier for us to eat sparingly during the day, and eat a larger meal at night.

Add to that the fact that many of us train or go to the gym after work, then we end up eating larger amounts to make up for all the work we’ve just done.

Eating dinner relatively early, and then waiting for breakfast ends up giving us around a twelve hour gap between meals, which is not a good thing. That twelve hour starvation space ends up convincing your body to store more fat, because it’s worried about famine. Adding a snack into your night time schedule can be a good way of overcoming this natural instinct.
Read more

The Silent Killer Fast Food and What to Eat Instead

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on The Silent Killer Fast Food and What to Eat Instead

Fast food is generally just another way of saying unhealthy food. With most chains offering burgers that come in at a thousand calories or more, laden with saturated fats and sodium, fast food can not only eat up your entire day’s worth of calories in one meal, but can also be bad for your heart and your blood pressure.

Indisputably, fast food is bad for you. But what about when you have no choice? There may indeed be times when you are forced through circumstance to eat fast food, but the thing is that you do have a choice.

Most fast food chains have some healthy options, or options that are better than others. So if you do need to hit a fast food restaurant, try choosing some of these things, rather than the typical burger and fries…

KFC

KFC has a surprising number of healthy options. With mashed potatoes coming in at around 120 calories, original recipe drumsticks at 140, coleslaw at 190, potato salad at 180 and a Honey BBQ sandwich at just 300 calories, you can easily mix and match a low calorie healthy meal. Just avoid the fries and the full fat soda, and don’t go for anything extra crispy (that’s just another way of saying more trans fats…).
Read more

The Shocking Truth Behind Energy Drinks

Posted on by Christy Hansen in Nutrition | Comments Off on The Shocking Truth Behind Energy Drinks

Energy drinks are ubiquitous nowadays; they’re available to buy pretty much everywhere, and most people don’t think twice about drinking them. But if you’re partial to a Red Bull or a Monster to help perk you up, there are a few things that you should now.

Energy drinks aren’t as safe as many people believe them to be, and there are a lot of hidden dangers to indulging yourself. Keep reading to find out why you might want to put that can of Red Bull back on the shelf…

Caffeine and Your Heart

Energy drinks contain huge amounts of caffeine, which is where the energy that they give you comes from. The average energy drink will contain more than twice the caffeine of a large coffee.

There are several health risks associated with drinking too much caffeine, but the main problem is the stress that it puts on your heart. Caffeine causes your heart to beat faster, which can put stress on it and cause palpitations. People at risk of heart problems or with high blood pressure should avoid drinking energy drinks altogether.

And even those of us with healthy hearts would do well to avoid drinking too many in too short a time, there is a link to heart attack and stroke risk associated with too much caffeine.
Read more

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30   Next »